Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back from Austin, TX...

I just got back from Austin, TX on Monday evening after spending a weekend with a dear friend from there. Not only was I blessed by spending time with my friend, but the church that he and his wife attend named "River in the Hills" was simply amazing. A missionary from China shared, and to hear his stories not only about amazing successes but also about times of frustration and weariness really hit home in my heart. A quote that I will always keep with me: "If you hit a rock long enough and hard enough, it will eventually break." Sometimes the work here in LA seems really frustrating and hard, but this weekend made me really think about Galatians 6:9 = "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." I know God is working right now in this city and that foundations for great things are being laid. We can't be discouraged in laying foundations, because the stronger the foundation, the higher the building can go.

A prayer request for healing would be much appreciated. I have a sinus infection and feel wiped out right now...thanks!

2 comments:

Alison (atilly) said...

Great picture and I will definitely pray for some healing for you, feel better Pastor Mike.
Alison (NJ)

Pastor Mike said...

Thanks so much Ali...I am on antibiotic now and am feeling much better!

God bless,

Pastor Mike