Thursday, April 2, 2009

Obedience...

Why is it that sometimes we are more excited about being obedient in "bigger" things and less concerned with obedience in the "small" things? So quickly we forget Jesus' commentary about such flawed thinking: if we cannot be faithful with little, then we will not be entrusted with much.

This truth has really hit home in my heart the past couple of weeks. I have been procrastinating on finishing up a devotional I started writing 1 1/2 years ago. I'm 1/3 of the way done but have just let it sit for a long time now. It's gotten to the point where every time I pray for God's leading, He gently leads me back to this. The only thing left to do is to repent of my procrastination and simply be obedient. If I truly desire God's blessing in my life, the least I can do is be obedient - even in the "little" things. So next time you see me, ask me how the devotional writing is going =)

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: