Monday, October 5, 2009

Olympia 2009!

What an amazing Olympia this year! Not only were the competitions the closest they had ever been, but more importantly, God moved in mighty ways! It was an exciting year for Stronghold because we had all six of our team members ministering for the entire weekend, which challenged me to grow in my leadership and administration skills with them team. I desire to use each individual in the greatest way possible, allowing them to use the gifts that God has uniquely given them to reach people. Yet when the team is that large, not everyone can go to the same hotel room and pray for an athlete. I had to learn to delegate responsibilities evenly, and hopefully I did!

It was also interesting in terms of spiritual warfare. I thought for some reason that this year, more so than years past, had some intense times of attack. I'm not sure why this was the case, but regardless, we had to really rely on the Lord the first couple of days because we couldn't afford to be discouraged. But then after two days of struggle, the doors seemed to open and people's hearts were really open to Jesus. I think Galatians 6:9 was really important to me over the weekend: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." God was faithful to His promise!

Please continue to pray for Holly and the baby that is coming in March of 2010! Pray also for me, that I would be a good and supporting husband throughout the duration of this pregnancy.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

No comments: